There’s nothing worse than hair extensions in Orlando that are unkept. Matted hair with visible new growth and tracks will definitely get you some unwanted attention. Whether you’re keeping late nights studying for that degree, a multi-tasking mom, or just a boss babe, you probably chose hair extensions in Orlando to help you save time and effort when doing your hair. Protective styles are now very popular and it is no longer a taboo to hair weave in Orlando to enhance your look in between transitioning or for just personal style. As more and more women are opting for sew-ins, clip ins, tape ins, i-tips hair extensions in Orlando, u-tips hair extensions in Orlando etc. there is more of a need to be educated on how to take care of them. Caring for your human virgin hair in Orlando really should be one of the most important steps in your decision to get them. Would you be happy with hair extensions in Orlando that you shelled out a serious amount of cash for to only look good only about a month or so? Of course not!
We expect so much from our hair weave in Orlando, not considering the work that needs to be put in to take care of them. Having gorgeous hair is an ongoing process, the results of which depends on you, your efforts and knowledge in the care of your human virgin hair extensions in addition to your hair stylist expert in Orlando. The better you take care of your hair extensions in Orlando, the longer they will last. Hair extensions are NOT a wash and go style. It is important to remember that hair in hair extensions is human hair that will not receive your natural scalp oils hair and requires some precautions to keep the hair healthy and beautiful. Hair weave in Orlando get a bad rep for the damage they can cause if you do not properly care for your hair underneath. Human hair extensions can be a great way to add fullness and length, change up your look or give your natural hair a break from styling. Follow these simple steps and you’ll minimize damage and optimize growth! Let’s take a look at 13 helpful tips on hair extensions maintenance:
- Brush hair gently working from ends toward scalp before and after washing.
- Use a gentle conditioning/moisturizing shampoo for dry-color treated hair. NEVER USE A VOLUMIZING SHAMPOO! Volumizing shampoos raise the cuticle of hair and can cause tangling.
- Wash hair gently in cool to warm water. Do not scrub roughly while washing. Gently comb through hair with fingers in a downward motion while washing and rinsing.
- Do not apply conditioner to scalp or bonds. Too much conditioner or very oily hair can weaken the keratin bonds.
- It is best not to wash more than 3 times a week unless you have a very oily scalp. Over washing will dry the hair.
- Softly towel dry by patting with a towel before blow drying.
- Rub Moroccan Argan oil or shine drops into the extensions after shampooing while still damp. (avoid the bonds)
- If extensions become dry and damaged treat once to twice a week with a deep conditioner.
- Brush gently 2-3 times a day. Brushing right up the scalp will keep tangles from forming at the base of the extension. Use one of the following brushes:
- Loop Brush ( med-thick hair)
- Boar Bristle Brush (med-fine hair)
- Wide Tooth Comb (ends only)
- When blow-drying hair, blow downward with hair’s natural growth, not up into/against hair flow. Dry with fingers then style with a curling iron or flat iron if needed.
- Swimming- Always wet hair with tap water, apply conditioner and braid hair before swimming to help avoid tangling. Avoid salt water ( the worst for extensions) and chlorine.
- Braiding long extensions is recommended before bed.
- NEVER GO TO BED WITH WET HAIR (causes tangling and matting)
With our own hair, we have natural oils that keep the hair healthy, but this is not the case with human hair extensions in Orlando . By washing, conditioning, styling and gentle handling, your human hair extensions will last the six to eight weeks that they should. Never perm or color virgin remy hair in Orlando extensions on your own. If you are looking for another style or color, your hair stylist expert in Orlando can sew in human virgin hair in Orlando extensions that already have the style and color you want. Use heated styling tools sparingly to prevent hair weave in Orlando from becoming dry and brittle. Schedule an appointment with your hair stylist expert in Orlando six to eight weeks after the hair extensions in Orlando are sewn in. Your hair stylist expert in Orlando can remove them or place filler tracks in the braids to update your look. If your hair shows signs of damage, such as broken hair at the roots, ask the hair stylist in Orlando here at our black hair salon in Orlando to remove the braids and allow your hair to rest.
Another great tip before even installing your hair extensions in Orlando is that you deep condition your own natural hair before attaching your human virgin hair in Orlando extensions. Apply a deep conditioning product to damp hair then sit under a hooded dryer wearing a plastic cap for 20 minutes. No hooded dryer at your house? No problem. Leave the conditioner in for about 45 minutes to an hour with just the plastic cap and rinse well. You also want to oil your edges and scalp periodically while your hair extensions are in. Rosemary herb combined with an oil like jojoba or almond will condition hair as well as stimulate growth. You can mix the concoction in a squirt bottle so that you can apply directly to your scalp and avoid the contact with extension bonds. You want to maintain the beautiful quality so you can reuse your human hair extensions in Orlando by following these tips. Proper care along with your Orlando hair stylist will make your human hair extensions last longer and look better. Call for a free hair consultation at our hair salon close to Disney with our hair stylist expert in Orlando and we will make your hair our affair!